8.0 LAKE MILTMORE SWIMMING BEACH RULES REGULATED BY THE STATE OF ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
The Lake Miltmore Swimming Beach owned and operated by Lake Villa Township is open Memorial Day through Labor Day. The following rules govern the use of the beach and will be enforced.
1. The beach water is not suitable for drinking. Avoid swallowing beach water.
2. Admission to the beach may be refused to all persons having any contagious disease, infectious conditions such as colds, fever, ringworm, foot infections, skin lesions, carbuncles, boils, diarrhea, vomiting, inflamed eyes, ear discharges, or any other condition which has the appearance of being infectious. Persons with excessive sunburn, abrasions which have not healed, corn plasters, bunion pads, adhesive tape, rubber bandages, or other bandages of any kind may also be refused admittance. A person under the influence of alcohol or exhibiting erratic behavior shall not be permitted in the beach area.
3. Littering is prohibited. In addition, no food, drink, gum, or tobacco is allowed in the water. Glass containers are prohibited throughout the beach area.
4. All infants shall wear tight fitting rubber or plastic pants.
5. No lifeguards are on duty. No one should swim alone.
6. Persons under the age of 17 must be accompanied by a responsible person 17 years of age or older.
7. Personal conduct within the beach must be such that safety is not jeopardized.
8. Diving in shallow water is not permitted. Caution shall be exercised in the use of diving facilities.
9. No pets are allowed in the beach area. Feeding of the wildlife in the beach area is prohibited.
10. Lake Villa Township is providing a pay phone for public safety as required by the Illinois Swimming Pool and Bathing Beach Code. The beach cannot remain open unless there is accessibility to a phone. Should the public phone be damaged to the extent that it is inoperable, you are required to bring a portable phone while at the beach.
11. The Lake County Health Department recommends that persons refrain from swimming 24-48 hours after a rain event because of the higher levels of bacteria that may be present.
12. Swimmers itch caused by water fowl fecal material may be controlled by bathing with soap and water soon after swimming in the lake.
9.0 ENFORCEMENT; FINES AND PENALTIES
1. Any vehicle violating any of the restrictions of this Ordinance may be towed at the owner’s expense.
2. Any person violating any of the parking restrictions set forth in this Ordinance shall be fined $50.00 for each violation. Each day shall be considered a separate violation.
3. Any person violating any other clause, provision or section of this Ordinance shall be asked to leave and fined not less than $50.00 nor more than $500.00 for each violation. Each day shall be considered a separate violation.
If any provision of this Ordinance or the application thereof to any person or circumstances is held invalid, the invalidity shall not affect the provisions or applications of this Ordinance which can be given effect without the invalid provisions or applications, and to this end the provisions of this Ordinance are declared to be severable.
11.0 REPEAL OF PRIOR ORDINANCES; EFFECTIVE DATE OF ORDINANCE
All ordinances in conflict or inconsistent with any provisions of this Ordinance are hereby repealed, and this Ordinance shall be in full force from and after its passage and approval and publication in pamphlet form.
ADOPTED JANUARY 13, 1998 BY THE LAKE VILLA TOWN BOARD