For additional information about the Lake County Transportation program is available by downloading the January 2014 Transportation Guide.
The Lake County Coordinated Transportation Services Committee’s (LCCTSC) Northwest Demonstration Project (NW Demo) began in January of 2010 to provide curb-to-curb dial-a-ride transportation service in the northwest townships of Lake County: Antioch, Avon, Grant, and Lake Villa. In September 2012, the NW Demo expanded services to the townships of Fremont and Wauconda. The service area of the NW Demo also includes providing transportation trips to the Gurnee Mills commercial area, the Greenleaf Ave. medical offices and Mundelein downtown area.
The service is sponsored by the six Townships (Antioch, Avon, Fremont, Grant, Lake Villa, and Wauconda) along with assistance from the LCCTSC, Lake County, and Pace Suburban Bus. This demonstration project is funded in part with two grants from the Regional Transportation Authority through the Federal Transit Administration, Section 5317 New Freedom Grant and Section 5316 Job Access Reverse Commute Grant. Local matching funds for the two federal grants are provided by Lake County and Pace Suburban Bus.
The LCCTSC Northwest Demonstration Project operates without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint with the NW Demonstration Service by contacting your local Township Office.
Who Is Eligible?
- Service is open to residents of Antioch, Avon, Fremont, Grant, Lake Villa, and Wauconda Townships.
- Priority is given to seniors (65+) and people with disabilities, but service is also open to the general public.
- Residents can call 847-201-8822 to register for the service.
How Much Does It Cost?
- Exact change is required.
- One-Way Fare Changes:
- $3.00 flat fare one way for trips under 10 miles for disabled and/or senior (age 65 or over) passengers.
- $4.00 flat fare one way for trips under 10 miles for general public.
- $6.00 flat fare one way for trips over 10 miles for disabled, senior and/or general public passengers.
- $5.00 flat fare for dialysis one-way subscription trips.
- $0.15 transfer fee for disabled and senior passengers transferring to other dial-a-ride or ADA Paratransit services.
How Do I Schedule or Cancel a Reservation?
- To schedule a trip, call Lake County Call Center at (800) 201-6446; TTY (877) 218-0905.
- Reservation hours for trip requests are Monday through Friday from 6:00am to 6:00pm. People with disabilities will be given priority to reserve trips from 6:00am to 12:00pm. General public riders may call for reservations from 12:00pm until 6:00pm.
- Seniors and people with disabilities may make 7-day advance reservation for work and medical appointments.
- All other ride requests need to be scheduled one day in advance and are set up on a first-come first-served basis and are subject to bus capacity.
- Registered riders may bring one additional person to accompany them on their trip. This person pays the general public one-way fare of $4.00.
- To cancel a trip, call Lake County Call Center at (800) 201-6446; TTY (877) 218-0905) at least two hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time.
- Two cancellations a month within less than two hours prior to the scheduled pick up time will constitute a 30-day suspension from the NW Demonstration Service. You will be notified each time when you have missed your scheduled trip.
- A no-show will automatically suspend you from the NW Demonstration Service for 30 days. You will be notified when you have missed your scheduled trip.