Residents of Lake Villa, Antioch and Grant Townships are eligible to ride our Tri-Township Transit Pace Bus to regularly scheduled grocery trips to the Antioch Walmart on Tuesdays. Service is door-to-door and a schedule is made based on ridership. Pick-ups begin at 9am on the scheduled day.
Reservations must be made in advance by calling the Lake Villa Township Office at 847-356-2116 by 12 Noon the day prior to each trip. A minimum of four registered riders is required to make the trip.
The fee for each rider is $2 round trip.
Ride Lake County West
The Lake County Coordinated Transportation Services Committee’s (LCCTSC) Ride Lake County West began in January of 2010 to provide curb-to-curb dial-a-ride transportation service in the northwest townships of Lake County: Antioch, Avon, Grant, and Lake Villa. In September 2012, the NW Demo expanded services to the townships of Fremont and Wauconda. Eligible residents of Lake County’s west and northwest townships of Antioch, Grant, Lake Villa, Avon, Wauconda and Fremont, have Pace curb-to-curb dial-a-ride service within this designated area. Service also extends to the Gurnee Mills area, Advocate Condell Medical Center in Libertyville, and the downtown Mundelein area.
This service is sponsored by the six townships, with assistance from the Lake County Coordinated Transportation Services Committee (LCCTSC), Lake County, and Pace Suburban Bus. The service is funded in part by grants from the Regional Transportation Authority. Local matching funds for these federal grants are provided by Lake County and Pace Suburban Bus.
All RideLakeCounty services operate without regard to race, color, and national origin in accordance with Title VI of the Civil Rights Act. Any person who believes she or he has been aggrieved by any unlawful discriminatory practice under Title VI may file a complaint by contacting Pace, your local township office, or the Lake County Division of Transportation.
Who Is Eligible?
- Service is open to seniors (age 60+), individuals with disabilities, and the general public who are residents of Antioch, Avon, Fremont, Grant, Lake Villa, and Wauconda townships.
How Much Does It Cost?
- Exact change is required.
- One-Way Fare Changes:
- $3.00 each way for trips under 10 miles for seniors (age 60+) and disabled.
- $4.00 each way for trips under 10 miles for general public.
- $6.00 each way for trips over 10 miles for general public, disabled and/or senior.
How Do I Schedule or Cancel a Reservation?
- To schedule a trip, call Lake County Call Center at (800) 201-6446; TTY (877) 218-0905.
- Please call at least 24 hours in advance.
- Passengers may make reservations 7 days in advance for work, medical appointments and College of Lake County trips.
- If you must cancel, please provide at least 2 hours’ notice.
What Else Should I Know?
- All vehicles are wheelchair accessible.
- This is a shared-ride service, bus will pick up and drop off other passengers.
- This is a curb-to-curb service, drivers cannot escort riders outside of the vehicle or carry packages.
- Companions are limited to one person or child per registered rider (regular fares apply).
- Riders under age 16 must be accompanied by an adult (regular fares apply).